October 27, 2011

Know Me Better & BTT: Hard (Oct. 27)

So, I decided to merge the memes I participate in together (the ones that are on the same day), just to save post space on my blog. I realized it was kind of unnecessary to post them separately. Anyway, here's this Thrusday's post~


Know Me Better is hosted by Kathy @ I Am A Reader, Not A Writer.

Her post meme is designed to make bloggers share a little something about themselves. This week's questions are:

10/27 Know Me Better Questions:
If you could meet one person who has died who would you choose?
Chocolate or Vanilla?
What do you do in your free time?
What movie are you looking forward to this year?
Spontaneity or Planning Ahead?

If you could meet one person who has died who would you choose?
Oooh, this is a hard one. Let's see, if I could meet a person who had died it would be...THE Jesus (the Biblical one). Just so, you know, I could ask him a few questions and stuff. That would be pretty cool. But no, probably I would want to meet Anne Frank or someone who has died from the time of the Holocaust (Jew OR German). I want to know more of their stories and lives.

Chocolate or vanilla?
Aghh, this is hard. I LOVE chocolate, but sometimes I prefer Vanilla...I choose chocolate.

What do you do in your free time?
LOL, let's see now. Hmmm...well, I run a blog, read books, make (scrappy) graphics, eat or sleep. Yeahp, my free time is never really that productive.

What movie are you looking forward to this year?
I can't say what movie I'm looking forward to THIS year, but I know what I want to see next year - THE AVENGERS. Yesssss! I am so excited for that movie. Man, superheroes are awesome.

Spontaneity or planning ahead?
Spontaneity, definitely. I am not a planning person, and when I do plan, I usually just end up winging something anyway. Whenever I go out it is usually a spur of the moment thing, unplanned and usually chaotic. It's fun though.

~*~


This week, Booking Through Thursday, asks:
What’s the hardest/most challenging book you’ve ever read? Was it worth the effort? Did you read it by choice or was it an assignment/obligation?
I have a few books I've found hard, only one of them have I actually finished. Said book is The Stone Carvers by Jane Urquhart. THAT BOOK WAS SO...boring. It took me six months to read it all the way through. SIX. It's what made me fall behind in my English class. We had to read it for our Novel Study section and I just did not get into it. Of course, it had it's highs and lows, but damn, it was just so uninteresting. I'm all for bringing some insight and imagination to Canadian history at Vimy Ridge, but at least grab my attention with it. I don't know, some parts I liked (particularly one of the main characters named Tilman), others were just so...bleh.

As for whether it was worth the effort...well, I don't know. Thinking back now, maybe it was, because I did...somehow...semi-like it. Certain characters made up for the great lack of interesting points. I definitely know I'm not reading it again though.

Wishlist?

Darkest Mercy
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Rise of the Evening Star
Dangerous Angels: The Weetzie Bat Books
Grip of the Shadow Plague
The Necromancer
City of Fallen Angels
Insignia
Anne of Ingleside
Where She Went
Dust & Decay
Spells
Queste
The Legacy
Never Dead
Slumber
Life Is But a Dream
The Lost Hero
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary


Demijel's favorite books »
}