November 17, 2011

Know Me Better & BTT: Category (Nov. 17)

Know Me Better is hosted by Kathy @ I Am A Reader, Not A Writer.

Her post meme is designed to make bloggers share a little something about themselves.

This Week's Questions:
  • What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
  • Beach or Pool?
  • If you had 24 hours alone how would you spend it?
  • Coke or Pepsi?
  • If a movie was made about your life, who would you want to play the lead role and why?

What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
Hmmm...maybe the fact that I often think of running into the middle of traffic? Just to end it all? Haha, no I'm not particularly disturbed, and I doubt I'd have the moxie to pull through with something like that, I'm much too afraid of pain. It's just that sometimes life gets to be too much, and I cross the street every day, just wondering what would happen if. I honestly don't find it that strange of a thought, but most people would be surprised since people perceive me as this motherly, happy, always-there-for-you, never-felt-depressed type of person. However, I do often have bouts of very mild depression, I'm human that way. Yo, that was some heavy stuff, huh? But I answered honestly :)

Beach or Pool?
Pool, mostly. I do like the beach though - the sun, the people, the children, and the vast lake/sea. I just don't like all the sand getting into every crevice of my body and belongings.

If you had 24 hours alone, how would you spend it?
Haha, this is probably the easiest question ever. READING. At least, that's what I'd choose to do~

Coke or Pepsi?
Neither. I used to be a pop person, but over the past few years I've really cut down on them. I prefer water, soy milk (vanilla soy milk is like heaven), or juice.

If a movie was made about your life, who would you want to play the lead role and why?
Oh dear, I have no idea. I don't even know a lot of Asian actresses who are in North America that could play me. And the ones I do know of seem like a tad bit...older, than I am :P

~*~
This week, Booking Through Thursday, asks:
Of the books you own, what's the biggest category/genre? Is this also the category that you actually read the most?

YA. The young adult genre is quite predominant on my shelves, especially  recently with the surge of authors venturing into the category. It is also definitely the one I read from the most, what with it having such a wide array of sub-genres. However, I do enjoy my dose of adult fiction and general fiction. Oftentimes I think that  some YA are rather meant for adults than for tweens - either way too violent or sexual. But yeah, YA takes up quite the room on my shelves. I enjoy it though :)

Wishlist?

Darkest Mercy
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Rise of the Evening Star
Dangerous Angels: The Weetzie Bat Books
Grip of the Shadow Plague
The Necromancer
City of Fallen Angels
Insignia
Anne of Ingleside
Where She Went
Dust & Decay
Spells
Queste
The Legacy
Never Dead
Slumber
Life Is But a Dream
The Lost Hero
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary


Demijel's favorite books »
}