October 9, 2011

In My Mailbox (Oct. 9)



IMM is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren.

This will be a rather long post, so, you dear reader, better sit down if you weren't already sitting...in which case I'd have to ask you why you're not sitting down if you're looking through blogs...unless you're on a mobile...

Okay, I'll stop blabbering...

Anyway, this week was an amazing week if I do say so myself. My cousins and I went for sushi on Thursday and then we went to BMV right after! BMV Books is awesome because it sells used books for really low prices (about 1-9 Canadian dollar range for paperbacks and fairly old hardcovers). I got two books for around nine bucks and my cousin bought me a third one for six. Also, my sister came home with a Scholastic order form for books about a week ago. I felt nostalgic and flipped through the order form remembering all the books I got for such cheap prices when I was in elementary school. AND THEN, I saw the Percy Jackson and the Olympians full series box set and it was only for ten bucks! (Yes, I'm still a kid inside. I LOVE that series). Now, to buy the rest of Rick Riordan's series...

So yeah, I'm really happy right now! I haven't bought a book for a while because money's tight and I'm dead broke. But I did not eat/buy lunch for this week to save money. Now it is money well spent. Didn't visit the library this week, but I'm planning to go soon to pick up Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick and Ready Player One by Ernie Cline!

And oh, since I already have the first two books in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, I was thinking of giving them away~ If anything I might give the second book away, only, since I might want to keep the first one. Well, whatever, stay tuned for that! Free stuff is always awesome.

OH AND TO MY FELLOW CANADIANS~
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

So here's the wonderfulicious books for this week! :D

BOUGHT

The Mysterious Benedict Society and The Perilous Journey by Trenton Lee Stewart
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
Percy Jack & The Olympians Boxed Set by Rick Riordan

And, OH MY GOLLY GOSH, you don't know how excited I am to finally have The Summoning! Okay, so I'm excited a lot, but this is different because Kelley is a famous Canadian YA author and I've never read anything from her! Now I can! YEH-YAH. And those are used books, baby. USED. They're in perfect condition - except for maybe The Summoning because it has a little crumpled corner, but other than that, they're perfect! I'm so incredibly giddy right now, like seriously. I can hardly contain myself form jumping up and down. I am sitting still right now because I am typing and I've jumped in excitement already.

However, that's not all! There's way more! It's been a crazy busy week but I signed up for Netgalley and started requesting like crazy to read books. So far I've only been declined once and that was by Lerner Publishing Group, but I can understand why since I'm such a small-time blogger. BUT, there have been even more approvals! Nineteen to be exact (okay, so four to six of them were auto-approved, but still!). Here's the eBooks I got approved to read and will probably finish and review when I find the time:

FOR REVIEW
Cinder by Marissa Meyer (January 3, 2012)
Every Other Day by Jennifer Lyn Barnes (December 27. 2011)
Heft by Liz Moore (January 23, 2012)
Candlewax by C. Bailey Sims (April 3, 2012)
Escape from Riddler's Pass by Amy Green (July 28, 2011)
Quest for the Scorpion's Jewel by Amy Green (July 28, 2011)
Dark Eden by Patrick Carman (November 1, 2011)
Ashfall by Mike Mullin (October 11, 2011)
This Girl Is Different by J.J. Johnson (April 1, 2011)
Daring to Eat a Peach by Joseph Zeppetello (November 28, 2010)
 The Butterfly Clues by Kate Ellison (February 14, 2012)
The Lost Goddess by Tom Knox (January 19, 2012)
Enter, Night by Michael Rowe (November 1, 2011)
Anything by Michael Baron (October 18, 2011)
Brass and Bone by Cynthia Gael (October 10, 2011)
The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima (April 1, 2007)
God's Eye by A.J. Scudiere (October 1, 2011)
If I Tell by Janet Gurtler (October 1, 2011)
Angel by Laura Lee (September 27, 2011)

Can you believe that? This is a whole SHIPLOAD of books. Yes, shipload since I can't swear on my blog. I've already started to read some but I wonder how I'll get through them all. Well, in any case, I'm just really incredibly happy! I'm already running out of words to describe this feeling...good thing I'm not a writer!

Last but not least, leave a comment down below with what you think about this week's haul and feel free to attach a link to your own IMM post, OR post it @ The Story Siren! See you all next week!

Wishlist?

Darkest Mercy
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Rise of the Evening Star
Dangerous Angels: The Weetzie Bat Books
Grip of the Shadow Plague
The Necromancer
City of Fallen Angels
Insignia
Anne of Ingleside
Where She Went
Dust & Decay
Spells
Queste
The Legacy
Never Dead
Slumber
Life Is But a Dream
The Lost Hero
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary


Demijel's favorite books »
}