October 13, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (Oct. 13): Sequel


This week, Booking Through Thursday, asks:
If you could get a sequel to any book, what would it be?
A lot of the books I've read that I want a sequel to are usually part of a series or have been planned as a series or trilogy already. So they are out of the question. Also, there are those books that I love which I wish had a sequel but I know would only ruin the original. Most of the time I am happy with what the author has decided for the ending, however there are times when I want to know more, learn more, and get involved more with the characters. It's hard to think of one off the top of my head...but if I had to, I would choose Mostly Happy by Pam Bustin, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver or Angel by Laura Lee. Though I know those novels ended where they should have, I want to know more. I care about the characters in those books enough to want to know what happens to them. Will they live happily ever after or endure more pains as they grow up? I think there are better examples I could have chosen but these ones are what pop into my head right away.

So what are the books you wish had a sequel? Leave a comment down below or at BTT! :)

Wishlist?

Darkest Mercy
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Rise of the Evening Star
Dangerous Angels: The Weetzie Bat Books
Grip of the Shadow Plague
The Necromancer
City of Fallen Angels
Insignia
Anne of Ingleside
Where She Went
Dust & Decay
Spells
Queste
The Legacy
Never Dead
Slumber
Life Is But a Dream
The Lost Hero
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary


Demijel's favorite books »
}