October 2, 2011

In My Mailbox (Oct. 2)


IMM is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren.

This will be my first time participating in it! Yay, right!? I know, it's awesome. I usually try to go to the library every week to check out new books and shtuff, I hardly ever buy books since the finances are tight and I love food too much.

This week, I didn't buy or receive anything. Yes, yes, it's sad. But I did, however, go to the library yesterday and this is what I took home:


The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
Beastly by Alex Flinn
The Shining by Stephen King
The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury

Short list this week, but what can you do? There's only so much time to finish books. And in case you're all wondering, no, I have not read The Outsiders before. Shocker, right? It wasn't one of the books that were selected for class when I was younger, so I've never read it. As for the other books, they're all borrowed to complete my October Challenge for this month. I'm still waiting for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children to come to my home library at Bendale, however I'm not holding my breath for any time soon because it has to make it's way through more than 200 people. I hope they're fast readers. Anyway, it's still a good turn out, yes? Hopefully next week will be just as awesome!

Leave a comment down below with a link to your IMM or post it @ The Story Siren! See you all next week!

Wishlist?

Darkest Mercy
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Rise of the Evening Star
Dangerous Angels: The Weetzie Bat Books
Grip of the Shadow Plague
The Necromancer
City of Fallen Angels
Insignia
Anne of Ingleside
Where She Went
Dust & Decay
Spells
Queste
The Legacy
Never Dead
Slumber
Life Is But a Dream
The Lost Hero
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary


Demijel's favorite books »
}