September 29, 2011

Thursday Tea (Sept. 29)

Event hosted on Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog.

THE BOOK: A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.

I have been trying to read this book since around the beginning of September, and somehow I am still reading it. Usually it takes me one day to a little over a week (at worst) to finish a novel, but this is ridiculous. The book is 165 pages long and I'm still on the 40th page. It has been almost a month!

I guess I can't really be blamed. School has just started and its stressing me out. Finding a job is stressing me out. My future is stressing me out. SO MUCH STRESS! Not only that, but the book IS written so that it seems like a whole different language. Nadsat sucks, it seriously does. It's as if I need a Nadsat dictionary with me at all times so that I even understand half of the things in the book, and honestly, that just seems too much work. However, I promised myself I would finish this by the end of September, and gosh darn-it, I will!

I think there has only been one other book that took me ages to read and that was The Stone Carvers by Jane Urquhart.

THE TEA: It has been a while since I've had tea with a book. I usually go for Green Tea, Earl Grey, Chai or Oolong. I sometimes even have Jasmine tea. However, today I went with Orange Pekoe (or a type of black tea).

DO THEY GO TOGETHER?: Hmm, I'd say the title and name of the tea go pretty darn well together. As for whether the taste and story actually go together, I have no idea. I can't really figure out what type of tea would be good with such a book like A Clockwork Orange. What tea goes with extreme violence and nonsensical behaviour?

Make sure to visit BBB for other tea drinkers!

Wishlist?

Darkest Mercy
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Rise of the Evening Star
Dangerous Angels: The Weetzie Bat Books
Grip of the Shadow Plague
The Necromancer
City of Fallen Angels
Insignia
Anne of Ingleside
Where She Went
Dust & Decay
Spells
Queste
The Legacy
Never Dead
Slumber
Life Is But a Dream
The Lost Hero
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary


Demijel's favorite books »
}