October 10, 2011

Musing Mondays (Oct. 11)

Musing Mondays is a meme hosted at MizB's Should Be Reading.

This week's musing asks...
What types of non-fiction do you read? Can do multiple choices.

CHOICES:
- e-books
- Mythology/Folklore
- Travel/Locations
- Humor
- History
- Art, including art history
- Science including forensics
- Gardening/Nature
- Political
- Financial/Economical
- Religious
- Self-help
- How-to books
- Books on writing
- Audio books
- Biography
- Autobiography
- Sports
- Architecture
- Fitness/Exercise/Nutrition/Beauty
- Other
- None of the Above

To be honest, I enjoy fiction more than non-fiction. I rarely read non-fiction but when I do it is usually mythology/folklore, humor, history, art, religion, how-to's, books about writing, biographies and sometimes memoirs. I also read articles and magazines, which I guess counts as non-fiction, haha! It's sort of the same as my love for fiction: as long as it's interesting to me, I read it.

I LOVE myths/legends/folklore. I've always found it interesting. Same with religion. There's just something about learning about the past, people's culture and history, something magical and nostalgic. It's pretty much why I really like history/art history too. As for how-to's it's pretty sel-explanatory why I read them. And I enjoy biographies and memoirs because I like knowing about people's lives - I'm incredibly nosy that way.

But yeah, these are pretty much the only types of non-fiction I read. It actually surprises me that there's quite a few I read from the genre.

What non-fiction do you read and enjoy? Leave a comment below or post at SBR! Have a wonderful day!

Wishlist?

Darkest Mercy
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Rise of the Evening Star
Dangerous Angels: The Weetzie Bat Books
Grip of the Shadow Plague
The Necromancer
City of Fallen Angels
Insignia
Anne of Ingleside
Where She Went
Dust & Decay
Spells
Queste
The Legacy
Never Dead
Slumber
Life Is But a Dream
The Lost Hero
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary


Demijel's favorite books »
}